According to tradition, if the Groundhog sees its shadow on February 2, 2020, the winter will be extended by 6 weeks. If, on the contrary, it does not see its shadow, winter will end soon.
- Friday, January 24th, from 6pm to 9pm: Dodgeball Tournament at the gymnasium of École Carrefour Étudiant in Beresford. The cost is $10 per player and the teams are made up of 6 people with a minimum of 2 girls per team. There will be 2 categories: 1. from 3rd to 6th grade & 2. from 7th grade and above. There will also be a canteen on site. To register or for more information, please contact Cindy at 545-0838.
- Saturday, January 25th to Sunday February 2nd: Snow Sculptures! Remember the famous Snow Sculptures which were a hit some time ago? Arthur invites people from the beautiful region of Beresford to bring back the activity to life for the 2020 edition of the Festival. To register your address so people will know where to go to admire your creation, please call 480-0587
- Saturday, January 25th, from 1pm to 3pm: Painting with Mini Creations. The cost is $10 per child (must registrer in advance). Location: 862 St-Pierre St. Beresford local #2, E8K 1S2.
- Saturday, January 25th, at 6pm: Dinner Show with Dominique Beau: Le Conteux Acadien (in French) at the Raoul Charest Center at a cost of $25 per person.
- Sunday, January 26th, from 8:00 am to 4:40 pm: ATV Rallye organized by the Club VTT Chaleur. Time of registration and location of departure to be determined. Please contact the Club VTT Chaleur for more informations.
- Sunday, January 26th, from 8am to 11:30am: Community Breakfast at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Beresford. The cost is $8 per adult, $4 per child and $18 for a family.
- Sunday, January 26th, at 4:30 pm: Spaghetti Dinner at the Beresford Knights of Columbus Hall at a cost of $8 per person.
- Sunday, January 26th, at 4:30 pm: Exposition and Auction sale of cakes at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Beresford. Calling all amateur bakers of the region to create their nicest cake. Fun guaranteed! Prize for the nicest cake and to the one that will raise the most during the auction.
- Monday, January 27th, from 5pm to 7pm: Skating with Arthur the Groundhog at the Beresford Arena. Free activity with door prizes and pizza.
- Tuesday, January 28th, at 6:00 pm: Kids' Show "La magie de la chimie 2" (in French) at the Gymnasium of École Carrefour Étudiant in Beresford. The coast is $10.00 per person, tickets available at the door only.
- Tuesday January 28th, at 7pm: Cards Evening organized by Les filles d'Isabelle de Beresford at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Beresford. The cost will be $5 per person and a lunch will be served during the intermission. There will be prizes to be won as well as door prizes and many surprises. For more information, please contact Doris at 542-9052 or Géraldine at 548-8685.
- Wednesday, January 29th, from 7pm to 9 pm: Art exhibition at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Beresford. Eligibility criteria / Categories: Visual arts, Painting on canvas, stained glass, false stained glass, sculptures, drawings. Free for exhibitors and visitors. Registration: 480-0587
- Thursday, January 30th, from 6pm to 8pm: "Beresford got talent" at Carrefour Étudiant School in Beresford. Free registration required for participants and a cost of $2 for spectators.
- Friday, January 31st, from 6pm to 8pm: Sliding and Sleigh Rides with Artur at the Cendre Rodolphe-Boudreau, (Sportek) in Beresford. Hot chocolate and cookies will be served. The activity is free.
- Friday, January 31st, from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm : Fun Night Curling with music and pizza at the Sportek in Beresford. The coast is $5 for members and $10 for visitors.
- Saturday, February 1st, at 10:00 pm (doors open at 9:00 pm) : Party with Big Bad Party Band at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Beresford. Price of $20, 19 years and older only. Tickets on sale: Épicerie Frenette in Beresford, Dépaneur D.R. in Petit-Rocher, Beresford Sportek and Knights of Columbus Hall in Beresford.